Saturday 4 April 2020

Palm Sunday Service 2020 from Christ Church Celbridge



SPOTIFY PLAYLIST - Music from Service


TEXT/ORDER OF SERVICE

Celbridge & Straffan
with Newcastle Lyons
Palm Sunday 2020
Family Service of the Word
-------------------


Service begins at back of church with a commemoration of our Lord’s entry into Jerusalem

OPENING HYMN: 238 Ride on, ride on in majesty

INTRO & WELCOME

CONFESSION
Lord God, we have sinned against you;  We have done evil in your sight.     We are sorry and repent.   Have mercy on us according to your love.  Wash away our wrongdoing and cleanse us from our sin.  Renew a right spirit within us and restore us to the joy of your salvation, through Jesus Christ our Lord.        
Amen.

ABSOLUTION

O Lord, open our lips
And our mouth will procclaim your praise

O God make speed to save us
O Lord make haste to help us

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit;
As it was in the beginning, is now and shall be for ever. Amen.

Praise the Lord   The Lord's name be praised

Psalm No. 31: v9-16
9Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;   my eye wastes away from grief, my soul and body also. 10For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away.
11I am the scorn of all my adversaries, a horror to my neighbours, an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me. 12I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;   I have become like a broken vessel. 13For I hear the whispering of many—   terror all around!—as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life.
14But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my God. 15My times are in your hand;   deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors. 16Let your face shine upon your servant;  save me in your steadfast love.

LESSON: Isaiah 50: 4-9a

DRAMATISED GOSPEL OF OUR LORD’S PASSION ACCORDING TO ST MATTHEW

HYMN: 231 My song is Love unknown

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH
Do you believe and trust in God the Father, source of all being and life, the one for whom we exist?
We believe and trust in him.
Do you believe and trust in God the Son, who took our human nature, died for us and rose again?
We believe and trust in him
Do you believe and trust in God the Holy Spirit, who gives life to the people of God and makes Christ known in the world?
We believe and trust in him.
This is the faith of the Church.
This is our faith.  We believe and trust in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Amen

COLLECT FOR PALM SUNDAY
Collect
Almighty and everlasting God,
who, in your tender love towards the human race,
sent your Son our Saviour Jesus Christ
to take upon him our flesh
and to suffer death upon the cross:
Grant that we may follow the example
of his patience and humility,
and also be made partakers of his resurrection;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

 INTERCESSIONS

CLOSING PRAYER & BLESSING

 FINAL HYMN: 217 All Glory Laud & Honour

No comments: