Thanks to all who entered the above and for those who didn't get around to entering - I hope you "enjoyed" the challenge! . I received 94 entries - and I'm sure the postman was wondering why I got so much post in a couple of weeks! The returned quizzes came from Wicklow, Kildare, Cork, Offaly, Tipperary, Antrim, Kilkenny, Carlow, Waterford, Longford, Laois, Cavan, Clare, Dublin & England!
The winners were picked by a couple who were here for afternoon tea - and all three came from Co. Cork.
The total amount received was €526.00. If I received sufficient I envisaged donating the cost of producing the parish newsletter - for the year - CSNL NEWS - and give the balance to Christian Aid - and this is what I will be doing - so €117.00 goes to the parish of Celbridge, Straffan & Newcastle-Lyons and the balance to Christian Aid. I have to thank a parishioner in Straffan - Linda - for setting me the challenge! So - well done and thank you to everybody.
Quiz. All answers are Books Of The Bible - Answers
1. Wise sayings (8) PROVERBS
2. Citizens of a huge place (10) COLOSSIANS
3. This person has two books and another wrote a diary (6) SAMUEL
4 Grade work (4) MARK
5. …. Rantzen (6) ESTHER
6. Expressions of sorrow (12) LAMENTATIONS
7. Hey …..! (song) (4) JUDE
8. 48 5 23 (7) NUMBERS
9. He had a whale of a time! (5) JONAH
10. A person’s occupation (3) JOB
11. Version of the Bible/King (5) JAMES
12. Seen in court (6) JUDGES
13. Fact newly made known (10) REVELATION
14. A mixed up part of the body and a fruit (8) PHILEMON
15. … Radcliffe/Day-Lewis (6) DANIEL
16. Phil Collins’ rock band (7) GENESIS
17. Man makes drink (7) HEBREWS
18. Sodium, bees do this (5) NAHUM
19. George, Richard (5) KINGS
20. Citizens of European capital (6) ROMANS
21. There are 150 of these (6) PSALMS
22. Proven fact without a beverage! (4) RUTH
23. Patron Saint of brewers/surgeons (4) LUKE
24. What there will be when cocooning is over! (6) EXODUS
1st drawn - Ruth Buttimer, Co. Cork. 2nd - Noreen O’Connell, Co. Cork.
Incomplete/incorrect - F. Williams, Co Cork.
94 entries received - 66 correct - from 14 Counties and 1 in England! €526.00 received which will be given to the parish of Celbridge, Straffan & Newcastle-Lyons and Christian Aid. Many thanks